Monday, July 4, 2016

Sea Trading Game- More biomes, seasons, and several performance bug fixes!

This was a very productive week. At the end of it, things looked like this (Clouds disabled, as they make the GIF much larger):

I'm still working on the exact details, but I'm quite happy with how it has been working out so far. I'll probably tweak things a bit at some point in time, but for now, I'm quite content.

There are two things that I did from this. First of all, I added a moisture model, which seems to work pretty well. I also fixed the pathfinding code to be much faster than previously. I added colors for all of the seasons, and allowed for transition between them as you see. I don't think I particularly need to explain more on that front.

This week I'm going to start working on something a bit less glamorous, but still extremely important. I'm going to figure out how supply/demand will work in the game. I'll likely slow down the progress of seasons somewhat at some point in time. I'm going to start adding more goods, now that I have biomes figured out. It's probably going to take a while to get all of this worked out, so there likely won't be much visible progress for a few weeks, but I'll see what I can do.


  1. I really enjoy this series of blog post. Keep up the good work!

  2. Thanks, I'm enjoying working on this project! If you haven't already, you might join my Google Group which gets a bit more detail usually than I post here, plus links to every blog post as it comes up.!forum/kd7uiy

  3. Ditto Rasmus, it's been great watching your project coming along Ben :)