Monday, May 29, 2017

Dev Blog- Colonial Sea Trader- Dialog upgrade finished, city look finished, speed improvements.

A good deal of progress has been made this week! The short is, I have completed the theme application, which uses better text packages, supports localization, and easy asset upgrades for most of my future work! Here are a few sample images of what has changed. Note that I'm still going to tweak the edges of the city, seek first.

I'm still going to be working on improving the graphics, but less diligently for a while. I started to do some bug fixing. I started to fix bugs, including some that speed up the world generation, UI issues, and that sort of thing. The camera now centers correctly on the ship, some crashes were fixed, I removed some dead code, improved my organization, and a lot of other things that aren't easily seen, but make a difference to me.

This week is bug crunching. The main item on deck is improving the way that the UI elements display on the world map. They don't scale well, and often don't appear at the right level, I'm going to be playing with that some to improve the looks. I also hope to do some work with the website to get it into a reasonable condition.

If you haven't yet, feel free to like me on Facebook, join my Google Group, subscribe to my Sub Reddit, or follow me on Twitter, where you are likely to get frequent updates! 

No comments:

Post a Comment